Thursday 16 February 2012

Oh, Inspiration!

 . . . It's one of my favourite things. Who doesn't love a good old 'wind beneath my wings," swelling in the chest, 'aha' moment that brings a beautiful "this is what it's all about" feeling. And although that moment may be fleeting it's always worth looking for. And look for it I do. . .

199 is my favourite number because I was so inspired by a football documentary I watched over my husband's shoulder about Tom Brady. The year Tom Brady was drafted he was the 199th pick - through teary eyes he described how he had given up all hope of being drafted and had left his parents house to go for a "walk". Minutes later his name was finally announced. On his first day with his new team he told his coach, "I am going to be the best decision you ever made." Tom Brady isn't a great football player because he's the most talented. Tom Brady is a great football player because he's determined, hard working, competitive and from what I could tell, passionate about football. Now my husband thinks my interest in Tom Brady simply boils down to a good old-fashioned, junior high crush. I mean, I can't really deny that the man is easy on the eyes. Tall drink of water with gorgeous hair and a nice body. He is married to one of the most beautiful women on the planet and she sees something in him, right? Also, he's rich. Okay, maybe I have a little crush. But seriously, if I could apply *Brady's ethics to my everyday life I like to imagine what I could accomplish. What I could teach my children about hard work and determination. I might only be the 199th name on a list of  people who appear to have so much more talent or experience than I do, but that doesn't mean that I'm still not the best person for the job. Who says I can't make it to the top? Or at least make it to the final game where none of my teammates will do a very good job of catching any of my passes. Wink.

*(referred to here by last name because that's what guys do and since I'm kinda of talking about football, I thought, " . . . when in Rome!")

No comments:

Post a Comment